Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Liberty Rebekah Ferguson

Libby (the pretty one in the above picture!) was my ONLY niece for 17 years. Now, I like to say she is my favorite "older"niece. There were so many boys and only one niece! Today Libby celebrates her 22nd (gulp) birthday. Libby recently became engaged to Sol (pictured above!) and they have a huge wedding planned for July 4th. Libby is beautiful inside and out. She is a gentle soul. She is kind and loving and talented. She is proud of her Lebanese heritage and can cook all the wonderful food that comes with that heritage. When she was born I was so excited to become an aunt. She loved to be at our house and play with our "older" kids (who were 2, 3 and 5 when she was born). Then a little over a year after Libby was born, along came Coulter. Libby was so mad about Coulter. Everytime I held Coulter she would get mad and try to crawl up into my lap. Alone. She did not want to share me with any baby! (Libby has long since forgiven Coulter and is nice to him now!)

Libby plans to be a teacher or something in the educational field. What lucky, lucky students those will be. She will be patient and kind to every student that she encounters. They, like everyone that encounters Libby, will see God's love through Libby's presence. Her heart is full of grace, love and kindness.

As I have said so many times before, the main reason we moved back was to be around our families. Helping Libby with her wedding this summer will be one of those highlights we get from moving back!

Happy Birthday Libby Lu. You will always be my favorite 'first' niece.


No comments: