Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Trying to eat healthy!


I was making my lunch the other night (yes, I try and get it made the night before) and when I was finished I noticed how pretty the lunch actually was. Forget that the lunch is in a plastic container and a paper plate, it still LOOKS good. Don't get me wrong, I have never had any kind of problem eating food that doesn't LOOK good, but something about my lard-wired brain knows that this food is healthy and 'good for you', therefore the visual aspect is good too. I am still trying to stay in the 1200-1500 calorie per day routine. What I have here is a shredded lettuce salad with a little bit of cheese, some tomato and some spicy turkey breast. The fruit is a combination strawberries and grapes with a little (fake) sugar on top. (Zero calorie fake sugar I might add). When I go to the store now I am always looking at calorie counts and most importantly PER SERVING. The products often try to trip you up with the idea that the calorie count is low. Then you look at serving size and see that you usually have to double (or triple) that amount!!! This spicy turkey breast was 50 calories for two ounces. Once again I have to say that being on a diet is a lot of work. Not only the calorie awareness issue, but just the preparation of the food so that I am not rushed and grab something 'not so good' for me. This lunch is long gone and yes, it was delicious!

No comments: