Sunday, January 20, 2008

A lot of work for a little food!

It is a lot of work to eat a little!! Really, it is. Instead of just going to the fridge or the cabinet to get something to eat, I really have to think about what I am going to eat--and how much. I can't just grab a handful of cookies or a pop. I have to think about calories and fats (and getting fatter!) and if and when I should eat. I have been trying to keep fruits and snacky kinds of veggies ready in the fridge so that I have no excuses to go for anything else. I have cheeses sliced in there too (so I won't have the large pieces) instead only small bite size bites. I have to plan out my lunch and my breakfast and not wait till the last minute. Usually, I would just think about it on my way out the door to work, so I would grab what was ever convenient. Eating a little is all about planning ahead and making it easier on myself in the long run. It is cutting and sorting and making up baggies of nutrious snacks so that I am not tempted to eat the readily available Not For Me food. I have also begun to use the little trick of buying the boys any type of snack food that I am not tempted by. Yes, there really are those (rare) kind. I am trying. One week into this thing and I am still going! One of my friends has already lost 7 1/2 pounds. Wow. I have to do well, just to keep up with her! Tomorrow begins Week Two. Stay tuned!

No comments: