Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Day Two

Day Two is under my (very large) belt. WOOHOO. Two days. The bad news: I did not walk today. I had a basketball game shortly after I got home and there was not time to walk. Then we had the game and by the time I got home it was dark and cold. Sounds like a bunch of excuses, huh? Tomorrow they are calling for snow and more snow. I just hope I can make it home! I don't know about the walking. I will wait and see what tomorrow brings. Timbo and I did go to the store tonight. It took us forever to get groceries. We read labels and tried to come up with new and creative food choices. I think we have some good ideas. Most of all, we need to eat in moderation and quit eating such big helpings. I tried today to use a very small fruit type bowl and also a salad plate. They don't hold as much and I have told myself that I cannot go back for seconds. I made my lunch for tomorrow ---and breakfast---and I have it all out/or in the icebox waiting for me. For breakfast I am just trying a new breakfast bar. I am not sure yet what I am going to do about breakfast in the long term. For lunch I made myself lettuce wraps. I took a leaf of lettuce, a piece of sliced turkey (from the deli) and half a piece of cheese. I rolled these up together, put a toothpick in it and that is my lunch tomorrow. They actually look pretty good too. I also have a banana yogurt. Hopefully that will feel like dessert. I notice today that the chocolate attack is starting to creep in. When it has today, I just found something else to do and tried to redirect my mind. When I was checking out at the grocery store tonight, I saw a guy there that used to be huge. I mean really really huge. He has lost SO much weight. He is half of his old self. Once again I think God put him there for me to draw inspiration. OK, I am ready to begin Day Three.

No comments: