Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God Bless America

Thoughts about the day: Once again the media. RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. They are SO biased and self-promoting. They think they know all and they go on and on and on. They are so one-sided! BUT I said thoughts--plural, so more: How lucky we are to live in this country. I know we are down and there are so many scandals, people out of work, in an undeclared war and on and on, but there still is no other country like this. Other countries watch our peaceful transfer of powers and have to be in awe...and ENVY. Our pomp and circumstance every four years is wonderful (I don't know if it is $170 million wonderful, but nonetheless) and it reinstills pride and patriotism. We get to relive so much of our wonderful history on this day. We get to make history on this day. We are reminded of how great it is to be an American. No matter who we wanted to be president, now is the time to pray for the best, hope for the future and work for the good. Now is the time to remind ourselves what it means to be an American. Now is the time to go back to the values on which we founded and built this country. Now is the time to drop to our knees each night and say, "God Bless America."

1 comment:

Donna Lynn said...

I have been dropping on my knees a lot, and saying "Please God, Bless America!". It seems, that I have become more and more involved since these messes started to escalate, so I view that as a really good turn of events! I am paying attention, voting and making my voice heard to my elected civil servants, (heavy emphasis on the servant part! :)
Thanks for the great post, I enjoyed your blog, and from someone who is overweight, I understand where your coming from sister! ;0